Peaches and Cream

Thursday, August 6, 2009



Hot, sweltering, blistering heat. How I longed for the dugout beneath the ranch house that held stores of supplies. It was dark and cool and protected from the Central Fire's insistence on burning everything in sight. I felt blistered, thick and sluggish, every movement drawn out as if the heat was a swiftly running stream that I was constantly trying to battle. Exhaustion came all the faster and even my arms and legs felt painful to move too much.

Evening arrived with a fiery brilliance of stars that seemed to still throw off heat. The air, while cooler, still clung like moist fog around skin and even congregated in the dry brittle grass. People moved in slow swarms toward the stream, attempting to find at least a little relief, and I had done the same. Pockets of people gathered along the banks that lined the waterway, and if you walked long enough you were bound to find someone you knew. I was doing just that, wandering with a hopeful look.

I settled among a group of familiar faces that brought a welcome sense of relief to jog around my insides. My Master's features struck that chord of instant blushing energy, even as I noticed the Ubara, the Ubar, the Artisan and that pretty slave Takara. She and I have been hauling extra water to fill the barrels around the camp, as have many others. But we were special, for we were always winking at each other or something of a silly nature when our paths crossed.
I am sure by now it is evident how everything else becomes inconsequential when I am in the near vicinity of Master Fonce. Our paths do not often cross, and when they do, I am agog with so many things, not the least of which is just pure unadulterated happiness to see the Man. It was all there, all these things, and they were magnified as well. Made all the more profound by the fact that Brave Warrior Fonce was smiling and relaxing and happy looking. Beside Him, close enough to keep contact, was an equally happy and smiling Seveya. The world had righted itself and bloomed into something good. I haven't seen Him like this in a really long time. I haven't seen - them - like this...in a really long time. I wanted to hold it for as long as possible.
And then there were all the other things too. Like..what happened with Red. Was I next in line? And there was that Paravaci Master over there too, who happens to be Takara's owner. I know it is hypocritical, and I have tried all my life to be openly accepting, but I just felt fear take hold of my insides each time I thought about the Vaci. I had so many reasons to want to cling to that Man of the coal chunk eyes and breathe in the scent that was uniquely Him. Besides...I am really crazy about Him.

Conversations continued without pause around us, and one by one the others slipped off into the night. Master Fonce rested among three women - Seveya, Takara and myself. Eventually He too slipped into the dark folds of evening and the banter continued between us women. The comments and questions came quickly from Takara, laced with brazen innuendo and good natured teasing, and the night passed quickly. The slave is an energetic woman, intent on pleasing, and openly free with her hungers and desires. I detected a loneliness underlying the fast paced changing of topics. A loneliness I understood.

In the midst of it all, Seveya left us, and we both felt a sudden remorseful moment. Running off the woman that brings all the smile to the face of my Master is never something I feel comfortable about. He was obviously happy to have her near...teasing her by saying "nothing wrong with a little cold one on the side". I am not sure I would feel so bad about running off Takara - at least in the area of Master Fonce. I found myself feeling this protective little barrier forming, even though I myself find the woman delightful, entertaining and interesting. Maybe there is more than one "cold one".

0 comments:

Post a Comment