Party!!

Sunday, September 27, 2009



Well it's midnight, damn right
We're wound up too tight
I gotta fist full of whiskey
The bottle just bit me
That shit makes me
Bat shit crazy
We got no fear. No doubt
All in. Balls out.

We're going off tonight
To kick out every light
Take anything we want
Drink everything in sight
We'll go until the world stops turning
While we burn it to the ground tonight
(Nickelback)


For a woman literally starved to see some sight of those she held dear, running into the Artisan Mistress before light had fully flooded the plains shocked me. There I stood, half full sacks of dung slung over each shoulder, my mouth temptingly agape. For brief moments throughout the day, if I was lucky, I caught a glimpse of one or the other...though even that was rare. Occasionally, in the evenings, I thought I could hear their voices waft through still air from the wagons. All the teases just increased the yearnings in the slave to a point where I thought at times I might go crazy. A crazy stunned slave looked back at Mistress Sev and nodded with the rush of words detailing all the plans for...a party.

The list was a long one, comprised of the Mistresses Oren and Astar, families included. A Mistress Aod and a Persephone were names I did not recognize. As I tried to keep tabs on how many, I thought of Master Pei, wondered about Mistress Mezoo, and their respective brothers. Excited, eager, I listened as she raced through the planned feast, the intended decorations, watching the light practically sparkle in her eyes.

My mind flooded with ideas to coincide with the Mistress'. Instantly I thought of who I could gather to help, and for a moment, so sincerely missed Dee that I thought I would just sit down and cry. Yama came to mind then, tapping me on the shoulder in a breeze of energetic anticipation, delivering a list of 'Hints by Heloise' for the perfect dinner party. We had always laughed about this, Yama and I. Heloise was woman of Ar noted for her tasteful and artful successful celebrations. There was probably also a scroll of "Hints by Paga Hot" too for slave arrangements at succulent parties. I would have to find out about that one. I parted ways with the Mistress to get started, turning back to watch the hurried departure with a broad grin. It was...contagious.

The evidence was written in the faces of the other slaves I asked to help me. Thoughts of a party could certainly stir up laughter, smiles, ideas as well as lusty intentions. The paper lanterns were probably going to be the hardest to come up with, but a few very talented women had some ideas. Several of the slaves were more than willing to help serve at the dinner. Imagine that...I thought...and I knew perfectly well who they hoped to be serving by the end of the evening.

We talked about the food, and someone mentioned the Mistress' cooking talents. There had been a story about a too salty meal not so long ago. We all laughed and I told them I thought everyone would love the Artisan's cooking, especially Master...simply because of her efforts. Someone sneered and suggested I sabotage a dish, but my vehement denial brought a round of snickers. Someone told me I was boring. Maybe..but cooking is a ...is..personal to me. It was an achievement of my youth...to be able to prepare a delicious satisfying meal. It went beyond providing sustenance and took on the life of providing succor and a sensory orgy all within the comfort of family and friends. My heart and hopes were delivered with everything I made. Everything. I would not tamper with such a thing that might be given from the Mistress.

The navy of night was finally swept clean from the sky as we all took off in our own idea driven paths. I had my own list of things...from cleaning to ribbon stringing to honey cake creation. But I had a few other ideas up my sleeve as well. Things.... no one else would know about. I had this little poke of frustration eating at me too... I realized just how little I truly knew of my owner. His likes and dislikes, His tastes and desires, and a whole host of things that went deeper and further. I imagined...I might get a few answers from the...
 
pahtay!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment