Nya likes to tease me. Some would say she likes to put me down, but either way, I am often Nya's verbal punching bag. This morning, amidst the most beautiful sunrise painted on the sky yet, while fingers of 'wake me up' cool air flirted with the hot breath of coming afternoon, several slaves and I were beating a path between wagons and stream to replenish the water barrels. One of the girls asked me why I don't just kick Nya's ass and be done with it. The question took me back a bit, for I have never felt the need to do such a thing before. I don't dismiss the possibility it could be in my future, but this certainly didn't warrant it, in my opinion. I had started explaining my theory - that for whatever reason, it made Nya feel better. I didn't think it was the best way of handling things, but so far, Nya hadn't managed to put a dent in my self esteem. That is not to say that Nya didn't broach some touchy subjects along the way, and often it was not with just me that she spewed her opinionated commentary. I had noticed Nya sported a black eye today. That still didn't stop her.
The subject was clothing, and Nya decided to inform us all that I was naked because I was not yet worthy of being a Tuchuk slave. Many of the slaves wore black leather bits and pieces. I didn't actually find them particularly attractive, and thought they looked uncomfortable, but there was a certain allure to the way the lacings crossed on some of girl's breasts, making them look so...generous. The woman who had asked about kicking butt looked to me and I smiled back at her as I lifted up my filled buckets - with a soft grunt to add flavor. I thought to myself, if Nya is an example of a Tuchuk slave, then I'm pretty glad to not be included. I then explained, the Brave Warrior had made me feel so beautiful just as I was. He acted like He truly enjoyed looking upon me just...this way. That - was all and more than I could ask for.
Nya shot after me as I started back through the swaying grass that He didn't enjoy it enough to ring my neck with His collar. Now see, there again, I didn't think about it like that at all. I was walking backwards now, feeling the water slosh and ripple out of the buckets, splashing glistening drops on my calves. "He called me His in front of the whole world Nya," was my reply. Nya wanted to know if that was it, was that all, was I happy with everything just like that. I said, of course not, and reminded her with a wink that I was smitten.
I turned and made my way back toward the wagons with that smile in place, but that was not to say my mind wasn't working. I was starting to get a real feeling for that focus Master had spoken of. I was starting to see how a woman could get lost in what He thought was important. I was still in between a free woman living in unfamiliar surroundings and that desire, and growing hunger, to be a slave. But not any slave, a slave to Fonce of the Tuchuk. Maybe it was my upbringing that had me thinking differently, but He and I seemed to understand a few things between us. Concepts, ideas, theories, they are not always easy to convey and have the same feelings about. The way I saw it, that was the real basis for my dreams - exploring life and all it's open spaces, smudging the boundaries and edges, with another. I pretty much planned on having a lifetime to do so too. And then there was the fact that I was..smitten, which I thought pretty much explained everything.
The rest of the day found me smudging other boundaries. Dee came riding up on a silver and brown kaiila, tucked behind the broad back of her Master. Another rode with them, and soon I felt the assessment that worked over my skin. My flesh is tender, with many areas that are not used to the exposeing smile of Father Lar Torvis. The weather has just begun to change, and with it, I could already feel the scratchy edge of heat that would most likely only compound as we moved farther south. A pink tinge warmed to a rose along my cheeks and neck, feathered against the side of breast and collected along my stomach as I stood there speaking with Dee's Master. He wanted to see what His girl had been up to. Meaning...teaching me. My performance went without a hitch as I assumed position and form to His commands. It was not the actions that I lacked in, at least not in my estimation, it was the heart and soul that went with it. The heart and soul that had yet to be surrendered. The heated hunger, the desire, the edgy essence of fear that clung to me must have been noticable. I felt like Master Fonce's fingerprints marked me with His imprint already, as I sought that which was still undefined and untasted. "No Nya, this was not all I wanted", I thought.
Pleased, Dee's Master let us head off together while he rode for duty with the herds. Dee wanted to spend a little time freshening up, soften the rough edges and make herself more feminine. I was all for that. We headed for the fire in the Center of the head wagons, looking for the supply wagon that held some special soaps and oils. There were many gathered around, and I was realizing that this was truly like our kitchen and table at home. Always filled with family and friends that came together for talk and catching up and some well deservered relaxation. My bright fire was there too. He that set my skin alight and my heart to dance. Dee must have heard my audible delight, and detoured her course in His direction. I didn't even get down to my knees before He was telling Dee to keep me away from the Main Fires until I was trained.
Where did His smile go? Where was all that slap happy to see us light me up and let's dance glimmer in His eyes? What or who had darkened my Master's spirits and sucked away that little glow that could spark at a moment's notice? Dee didn't want to chance disobedience, and truth is, neither did I. I would just worry from the shadows around the wagons and wonder if a sourpuss like Nya had been poking at Him. Or something...more serious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment