Sisterhood

Thursday, April 30, 2009

"So how is the Sisterhood of the Unmeasured Leathers" doing today?" Dee had asked me this as we strolled toward the stream for a few buckets of water. She had named Red and I the Sisterhood the other day when I told her of some of the conversations Red and I were having. It was tender ground, for the details had been what started the argument between Dee and I. We tread more carefully this time, though I was a bit more receptive as well.

Red and I had lingered by the stream the one day, sharing a meal and some girl talk. Despite living together, we head off to our respective days and don't find that much time together. It is a necessary fact of the life we lead, that even the simplest of necessities takes much time to acquire, prepare, or do. Red told me a little about her sister, how they used to sit together beneath the stars with their legs entwined. It seemed like a good idea and I changed positions to sit next to her. Leg to leg, we talked about the coming stars and life. My skin warmed, tingled, feeling that brush of humanity to another. The sensitivity changing, reacting, the start of a story that would meander through poetic stanzas, starting with the flesh and speaking to the soul. The closeness had opened up the flow of conversation, though Red is not shy.

I asked about her black eye, though I still don't know how it came about. I admitted I can't fight, not really. Which means maybe I should be taking lessons. Red too, given as she seemed to get her butt kicked. I wouldn't mind returning the favor to who ever marked up the slave of Brave Warrior Fonce, though most seemed pretty pleased with Red's efforts.

The same Mistress that Red offered up for our sparring lessons had given Red a few tasks. Cleaning wagons and clothing for a few Masters would be keep Red occupied during the day and she seemed nervous but excited at the same time. Then she told me of another task she was given, to make a new pair of leathers for a Master. It seemed easy enough to do, until she mentioned that she had never made leathers before. She also added, she had to measure the Master without letting him know. I could feel the heat work its way through my system just imagining that. Yama would have called it spring blood - her words for how young men and women acted when all that attraction and interest was getting so overwhelming and overpowering. Of course, the boys/men had other outlets. Namely slaves.

Like...me.

I offered to help her, though she just included me in the measuring task with a hands on approach. I told Dee I had just been offering to help make the leathers. That was the start of..everything that went down hill between Dee and I. Next, I added on my response to asking about Red's collar. I wanted to know what it felt like. Secretly, in the dark of the wagon, or while I was alone at some task, I had tried looping my blessings amulet in such a way to test the feel of it. I could fantasize about all manner of feelings and thoughts associated with it, but still, I wanted to hear what Red thought. She was, after all, much in the same place as I was. Then Red asked me why I didn't have a collar. I answered her with that same thread of thought I have been carrying since I came here. Brave Warrior Master Fonce has spread out choices from far and wide before me. I told Red, I didn't think He knew if I wanted to be His.

Red wanted to know why I wasn't free, and I was instantly reminded of her pleas when she was chained, wishing me free and having fat Tuchuk babies so that I might free her from the chain. Now that was easy enough to explain - the choices I had been offered, had been freedom with the caravan, or slavery to Him. I made my choice with hope filled heart, and it wouldn't be right to no longer accept His terms.

Then Red asked to be there when I begged for His collar. She said she wanted to see something happy, and went on to explain that her best friend submitted to her brother, and another to her father, and it was with love that they did so. Now, we were starting to talk about something I could understand, though Red has said before she wanted nothing to do with love.

If being smitten feels like the world is spinning upside down and has turned everything a brighter color, then love has got to be a hundred times better. I know love is a hundred times better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment