There really is plenty to keep me busy, here, among the wagons of Master Fonce. I know this, and I tell myself to harness all that energy for good use. It wasn't until I spouted off at a passerby that the cold frost of reality smacked me in the face though. Clear vision seems to come a little too late at times, bringing with it a healthy dose of regret.
People were moving in crowds along the wagon rows, heading off to trade goods with the Turians and others, gathering at appointed spots for good natured wagering, and talking about the up coming battles. The position of our wagons allowed me to watch the comings and goings, and at times, even to see from the one side out onto the plains and the brightly colored dots in the distance. If I looked the other way, I could sometimes see people moving through the spaces between wagons heading toward the main fire. Every once in a while someone would stop to talk, sharing stories of the odd Turians, or fantastic wagers the Tuchuk won. It was all very exciting, and then someone mentioned that the Vaci were there.
I am quite sure I paled to a color much like the hue of my shift. I was polite enough to wait for the conversation to end, but as soon as it had, I hurried back to the wagon platform...as if..that was the only thing that kept me safe, and while a hoard of Vaci could magically bust through the defenses of a gazillion strong Tuchuk, they wouldn't dare tread on the platform of Master Brave Warrior Fonce.
I of course realized my silliness, but a good dose of gratefulness had taken it's place. Once again my Hero had stepped in and saved me, if only in a round about way, and probably quite without Him even realizing it. That part didn't really matter.
Red arrived shortly after, and didn't see that I was there. I kept my movements small, just stilling to watch her for a while. She has warmed to a nice color of pale tan, all her freckles seeming to brighten against her skin and join together. I did not see the battle of internal drive quite as prominently today. Her movements have smoothed to a graceful action while she fussed over some food she was preparing. Her hair, already a beacon of color, captures the golds and sparkling auburns gifted by the Central Fire and at times looks like a flame captured in silk. Perhaps if we could just see each other through the other's eyes, how differently we might feel...but that holds true for almost all people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment