Spring Cleaning

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The next day, Dee was no where to be found. That was a little unusual, but there was always the possibility that her Master had some need of her. I was still confused by her reaction the day before, but there was no good use in trying to figure it out on my own. The time would come, and I would ask her.

There were times where I wished Goldie was here. Maybe she could park her wagon of many colors and scents and objects next to the Spex wagon of Master's. I missed her tea from the cheery teapot, and watching her bend her flaming hair over the steamy escapees. I never let her tell me the things she saw in the dregs of the teacup, but just having Goldie look seemed to set my thoughts in order. That got me to daydreaming about teacups. There were only two cups in Master's wagon, both sturdy wooden ones. I knew those were special, being made of wood. Several pottery cups had been found in the slave wagon and the supply wagon, and those were what I used. But wouldn't it be nice to have some pretty teacups when company came to visit?

I had worked until the darkness made seeing nearly impossible the day before. Most of the washing and mending was caught up, as I had lingered in my daydream fantasies over..clothing...with a sense of each stitch and action somehow being a reflection of my heart to His skin. Today, I decided to clean out the wagons...including that stuffed to the rafters supply wagon and the wagon of many different things Spex wagon. Then I stubbed my toe.

Again.

I always am stubbing my toe on this one particular chest when I arrange the furs for sleeping, or put them away, like I was doing this morning. I stood there and looked at it, and my toe, for a long time, wondering why I couldn't seem to avoid doing such a thing. Then it occurred to me that Master had placed all of these chests and platforms, furs and crates, baskets and shelves. I stood there, among the candy jar colors and laughed to myself. Of course He wasn't the one fixing the sleeping area every day. Not that He didn't leave the area straightened up, for He was as precise about cleanliness as He was about everything else. I am pretty sure He would move a few things if it was His toes being hammered every morning, and so I started moving things around a bit. Just a few..things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment