Today is one of the best days of my life. I know my pages have many days of happiness within them, like layers of clouds atop one another reaching up through the cobalt blue of a perfect sky. But I am all right with that. Joy building upon delight building upon rapture.
Evening was coming, and with it, the promise of relaxation and friendship. I had wandered through the Harigga in hopes of finding friendly and familiar faces. It is not a long hike down to the stream, and finding the main fire clearing quiet, I had continued on toward the cooler air and the usual gathering spot. My hopes were rewarded, for amidst those people I recognized, that dark embodiment of my happiness was resting on the matted grass. Mindful of His injuries, and a bit cautious of invading His personal space - especially since Cana was there and it became so fresh in my mind - I headed toward Him with careful steps. I can not stop the smile from filling my face with muscle aching wideness. But that was only the start.
An open palm awaited me, like a beacon of welcome, and I took to it like a moth to a flame. The silent gesture set my heart to fluttering, like it was a private conversation, but that was only the start. I could talk this way...all night. And tomorrow too. His fingers, rough at the edges, enough to remind me He is all man, swept across my cheek and found purchase in my hair. If I closed my eyes I was back in the stream that one day when I first learned of the hunger and desire that lived within me, and was surely made in His name.
He moves slowly, carefully, though His laughter is unhindered, so I know He is healing well. That makes me so happy. But that was only the start. I was pressed to His thigh, while His fingers practiced conversation through my hair. I have always loved to have my hair played with. I blush now thinking how different it is under His touch. The words tendered and the feelings evoked stir inside my blood like the heat He generates.
I do not know if the look in my eyes reached Him. I do not know if the sounds crafted by His hand and drawn from me spoke to Him. I hope He heard my heart. I hope He knows how happy He made me. I hope He realizes what He taught me this evening. I have never been held in such a way and I would have stayed there forever, much like I would linger a lifetime in His arms. My dreams have been enriched beyond anything I could have ever imagined. I knew that forever I would seek Him. I will learn Him by osmosis. I will follow whatever path He takes me on. I want every facet of life He has within Him. From the ecstasy to the frightening. I want to give back to Him every pleasure a thousand times over. And that is just the start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment