
It had been a rapid fire command, the kind you don't stop to think about very much, you just get moving on. "Gather any of Seveya's thinks from the wagon and take them to Oren's wagon". I turned and hurried toward Master's grouping of wagons and started tearing through everything I could find. The skirt the Artisan had mentioned working on, some ribbons, boots, and dinner that was steamy hot over the fire still.
Then I realized, I had no idea who Oren was, or where their wagons were either.
When I finally did arrive, it was as if the entire world had scattered and left only Master, Seveya and an older woman. Master looked as if he had taken out the world all by Himself, and the woman, while looking decidedly less so certainly had a way with Master.
That night I was a privileged guest, granted a chance to help, a chance to learn, and a chance to see. I left that evening feeling an anger for another I don't think I have ever tasted in my life. It would have been easier if the slights had been against me, I think. But they were not, and I would have a hard time not feeling the red hot of my feelings when I saw the Ubar over the next days. I also left that evening feeling the boost and energy of love and caring.
I spoke with Dee several days later, telling her of all the wonderful things that had been going on. The less than wonderful was relayed in less detail, crafted to preserve that which was private. She had chuckled when I spoke of the things that dreams are made of, and asked me ...is that really what you think dreams are made of?
Could I look any more 'dreamy' as I answered her? Yes, yes, a hundred thousand times yes. Two people who can barely stand to be apart, and when they are close the air bursts into sparks of passionate, lust tinged, happy, breathless moments. Where each holds the other's hearts so tenderly. Where the future is visible in their eyes and they would each fight the entire world just so the other could soar with success and purpose.
I looked at Dee and said...Yes..this is what my dreams are made of.

0 comments:
Post a Comment