Never underestimate the heart

Sunday, July 5, 2009

She misses her sister.

I had been sitting on the platform watching the moonlight. It was liquid and alive, moving just beneath the surface ripples that the wind tossed up. My knitting sat lifeless on my lap and I was thinking of the conversation I had earlier with the Vulo Woman. It was Red that had crafted all the housing and had been caring for the vulo so well and I was delighted and surprised. Sibyl had told me of all she taught Red, and tapped me on the head with a reminder to come learn about caring for them myself. The little I did know was enough to help out Red, but already I had a feeling that Red had embraced this project to her heart.

Sibyl and I then spoke about finding our place in this life we are destined to follow. Finding things that make us feel good about ourselves, and feeling satisfaction when the day is done. We spoke of friends, loved ones, and those that have been separated from us. I spoke of Red's sister then. Yes, I missed my family, but I couldn't imagine being separated from those who shared so much
of my life and my identity. It got me thinking a little deeper...

And when Sibyl asked if I wanted to return to my loved ones of previous, I shook my head. I told her, I would miss what I had found - here - more.

I left Sibyl with a project in mind and a basket slung over my arm. After I moved from the shadows painted by her wagons, her companion arrived. He was concerned, He said. But Sibyl assured him, despite her own uncertain worry, that she had done all she could to assure balance in the flock. Two special birds had been her contribution, though there was no mistaking the deeper wrinkles that set in around her mouth and eyes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment