I danced into His wagon, twirling through the shadows and breathing in the scents that filled the spaces. My mind and body were in some glorious place, for I was safe within the Brave Warrior's wagon. I hardly remember getting there, with little blurs of faces that I passed, and all the emotions that swirled inside me. I said hello to the bright squares of the quilt that hugged the furs as I straightened it. I ran fingers tenderly along the links of chain that once bound me in place. I lit the oil lamp tonight, when the shadows crept through and reminded me that the glittering stars and iridescent moonlight were now lighting the way. I wanted Him there, now, to see that I had made it. I wondered, was He wondering if I made it?
I swept up a fur and spun around, hearing that song of bells at my ankle, and suddenly had an idea how He knew I was around. I damned the bells while I laughed, curling against the warm floor boards and making each one ring on it's own. I lay back on the furs, only to rise again and sweep in long sliding steps across the wagon. I had never danced before, at least not with any kind of grace or rhythm. But I did this night, dancing to a heartbeat's throb that warmed at each spot He had touched me.
He makes me feel soft, and like a woman. He makes me feel what I want, by showing me options. Options that race through my blood like fire, stretching through to each cell and singeing my skin. He offers me the whole world, without reservations. I have stars in my eyes, and when I place my palm against my belly, with my fingers splayed around my navel, you can feel it. The heat, the winged creatures testing their wings and just waiting to take flight.
Each ahn that passed was such sweet torture. I prepared His wagon for the evening as I had been, though I left the oil lamp burning. I wanted Him to see...welcome. To know..someone was waiting for Him. I had moved a trunk a bit, so that the light was diffused, casting amber shadows against the canvas walls. The beads trailed over the lumps of fur and cavorted toward the links of chain. Tonight, I was wrapped up in that chain, holding it's cool smooth relief against the fever He had ignited.
I thought I would never sleep. But I did. I fell asleep feeling my mouth unable to stop smiling. I must have drifted off somewhere between reliving the arousal of water, and the surety of where my dreams were heading. My Brave Warrior does not believe in His dreams any more, or so He says. He believes in something though, for He is surely able to draw mine, adding scents and sounds and colors. I wonder, if He has just never met anyone that did the same for Him. I think that would surely be a shame.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment